Guy Simmonds Logo
Request Valuation

The ‘one-stop shop’... Guy Simmonds offer a selection of services to make buying or selling a freehold or leasehold pub or any other business as easy and stress-free as possible.

Looking to sell your Pub, sell your Hotel, sell your Restaurant, sell your Business etc.?

Looking to buy a Pub, buy a Hotel, buy a Restaurant, buy a Business etc.?

Let us help you!

Sale Of Freehouses And Leasehold Public Houses

As leading national licensed property agents & valuers, we specialise in business transfers for the licensed trade. We also offer a full complement of associated services – please see below for further information.

Specialist Licensing Solicitors

Smith Partnership Licensing SolicitorsWith the implementation of the Licensing Act 2003 it is imperative that you obtain the very best legal advice in respect of the Personal & Premises Licence applications, as well as licensed property conveyancing. Irrespective of whether you are purchasing/leasing or selling through Guy Simmonds (and irrespective of location), our recommended firm of specialist lawyers will ensure a smooth route through the licensing maze, and will handle your entire transaction efficiently and at a highly competitive fee.

We recommend the Smith Partnership solicitors who operate on a national basis and have a specialist licensing team.  We have a formal business referral agreement with them and have found their service excellent.  They are always happy to provide free initial advice during office hours on any legal licensing problem and will give an estimate of fees likely to be incurred should further work be required.

Please call them on 01332 225225 and ask for the Licensing Team or email them at:

Advice LineAdvice Line

We are always pleased to discuss any queries you may have relating to the licensed trade.

We will be delighted to hear from you and offer free help and advice.

We would also like to hear how you progress, and when the time comes for you to consider selling or re-assigning your business we will be delighted to offer advice and provide a free valuation.

Call us on 01332 865112 or email:




We strongly recommend you use a specialist licensed trade insurance broker who will give free advice and highly competitive quotations for all your licensed trade insurance requirements.

We have associated Insurance Brokers who offer a national, highly professional service and are recommended by Guy Simmonds.

Call us on 01332 865112 and we will put you in contact with relevant professionals.


Accountancy Service - Accountancy and Specialist Business Support Package

Whether or not you attend our award winning course this unique service will be absolutely invaluable in your new or existing business.

For a modest monthly fee our associate accountants will tailor a package specifically for your business including:

- Complete accountancy service

- Support and Advice

- End-of-Year Accounts


- Tax returns

- Payroll and PAYE, etc.


We highly recommend Burghley Accountancy who provide a comprehensive accountancy service for the licensed trade. Please contact Mark Robinson on 01604 603724 and quote "Guy Simmonds" to receive a priority service and a highly competitive deal.

Accountancy And Specialist Business Support Package



Should you require any information with regard to obtaining finance for a freehold or lease/tenancy acquisition then we will be delighted to introduce you to our specialist licensed trade finance brokers who are able to arrange finance for licensed propositions throughout the country.

They have excellent and long-standing relationships with major banks and specialist finance sources and are therefore able to arrange highly preferential terms - with up to a 25-year repayment period.

We highly recommend Howard Thomas of Personal & Commercial Finance on 01332 344566 / 07932 107553 Whether or not you attend our course, you will receive a priority service and a highly competitive deal by quoting "Guy Simmonds" when you contact him.

Please contact us for further information.



Stocktaking Service

Initial and regular stocktaking is absolutely essential for ensuring and maintaining the profitability of all licensed businesses.

You can search for a qualified and approved ILTSA Licensed Trade Stock Taker near you on their website:

Stocktaking Service

Inn Control

For help with all licensed trade business plans, especially when dealing with pub companies, we highly recommend Inn Control.

Please contact Jon Constable at Inn Control on 01604 805715 or and quote "Guy Simmonds" to receive a priority service and a competitive deal.

Rent Review

Please click here for more information




Guy Simmonds Business Transfers Ltd
Coppice Farm, Ashby Road, Melbourne, Derbys DE73 8BJ.
Tel: (01332) 865112 (Main number & answerphone - 24 hours & fax - 5 lines)
Registered No. 2727033
© Copyright of Guy Simmonds Business Transfers Ltd
Revision 2C/BFSP