Following the implementation of the Licensing Act (2003) anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol MUST hold a Personal Licence - and in order to apply for a Personal Licence an applicant MUST hold an accredited qualification.
So, in a nutshell, you MUST gain the APLH qualification to get your Personal Licence, and this 1-day course will deliver the APLH qualification to you.
• The Licensing Act (2003)
• Licensing policy
• The Personal Licence
• Application & renewal procedures
• Duties of a Personal Licence holder
• Licensable Activities
• The Premises Licence
• Operating Schedules
• The Designated Premises Supervisor
• Temporary Event Notices
• Supply of alcohol
• Unauthorised licensable activities
• Prohibitions on alcohol sales
• Rights of entry & inspection (of premises)
• Police powers to close licensed premises
• Protection of children from harm
• Nature of alcohol & how it affects the body
• Social responsibilities in retailing alcohol
• Conduct of licensed premises
You’re in safe hands - our APLH pass rate consistently exceeds industry norms, plus you’ll receive your results from the BIIAB within a few days of your course.
Did You Know?
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ALL STAFF INVOLVED IN THE SALE OF ALCOHOL SHOULD UNDERTAKE THIS COURSE (WHETHER OR NOT THEY INTEND TO APPLY FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL LICENCE).
This helps to evidence 'due diligence' and also provides for all future eventualities.
All students of this course will have the opportunity to view our unique displays of illegal drugs and the paraphernalia that attends their consumption.
The first line of defence to problems with drugs is to know the signs to look out for. Our display area will also include all the latest trade initiatives to promote the responsible drinking message.